WordPress is one of the widely used open source website builder written using the php codes. It is one of the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system/ CMS. It was released in 2003 and now it has become one of the most popular web publishing platforms. Today 30 percent of the entire web is built with WordPress. There are hundreds of volunteers from all around the world are constantly creating and improving the code for the WordPress software. And, there are thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes that enable you to build just about any type of website you can imagine.
WordPress can be installed from cPanel in a different way, we can easily install the WordPress using site software. In some case, we cannot find WordPress on Site Software. So we can manually install it from cPanel itself.
1) Login to cPanel.
2) Create the database for the WordPress. We can create the database from Database >> MySQL Databases. Then create a user for the same and assign full privilege to the user to control the newly created website. Save the details somewhere because we need to use those details on the installation.
3) Download the latest version of WordPress. You can get it from the WordPress official site https://wordpress.org/download/
4) We can use the cPanel “File Manager” to upload the downloaded zip file to the server. cPanel << Files << File Manager
5) On the File Manager, use the option “Upload”. Then select the downloaded zip file and it will upload the file to the server.
6) After the file is uploaded successfully to the server, we need to extract the file to public_html. Select the file and click on the option extract, this will prompt an option to enter the location to where the file is to be extracted. Enter the location and click on “Extract”.
7) After extracting the file check the same. By default, it is extracted to the subdirectory named “wordpress” and we should move the extracted files from the WordPress directory to the parent directory. Once moved, run the installation script using the URL and you will get the configuration page. Select the language and click on “Continue”.
8) Then you will be redirected to a confirmation page. Click on the option “Let’s go! ”
9) You have to provide the database details created at the beginning of installation and click on the option “Submit” to proceed.
10) You will be asked for the confirmation to proceed with the installation. Click on “Run the installation”
11) In this section, you need to fill the website title and the login credentials for the WordPress dashboard. You can always change the settings later. After providing all the details, click on the option “Install WordPress”.
After successfully installed, you will get the login screen and you can login to your dashboard.
If you need any further assistance please contact our support department.